To Team or Not to Team
To Team or Not to Team
I decided to work on my portfolio for Media Studies individually. I have made this decision based of the Social Media Peer Account activity, and the Lost at Sea team-building activity. In the Social Media Peer Account, I gathered information from a friend’s social media account. The information I gathered was about how he thinks, and his personality, based on his social media posts. In the Lost at Sea activity, I saw how people can have completely different perspectives of a matter. For example, people can have a different order of the importance on the Lost at Sea Chart. With me working alone, I will be able to get more done, without distraction. This is because I think better when thinking by myself, not influenced by other peoples’ thoughts.
In the article, of rabbit holes and aquamarines (cabbages and kings), the author talks about how collaboration is what they believe to be the most effective way to move forward in our society. She brings up the point that with these collaborations, creativity and new ideas will be formed, as well as a community. This is a strong point, and makes sense, but I believe that even though there are more opportunities for creativity, there is also some complications added in. With more people, there will be disagreements, and arguing. With just one person, I can say and write what I believe and how I feel, without the influence of others.
In the article, of rabbit holes and aquamarines (cabbages and kings), the author mentions her father. She says that her father is one of the most curious people that she knows and talks about the bond they have built through each other's professions. This is going with the idea that the author believes that working together and building community is the best way to work and learn. The author is saying that this curiosity of her father is linked with his profession, and that is how the two of them are bonded so tightly. Even though this link between their professions and personalities can be helpful and is a good thing, I believe this can also be a problem for other matters like this. For example, there can be confusion between the two. Also, there can be distraction between the two of them that has to do with this linkage of profession. This is another reason why I would prefer to work alone, instead of in a group.
In the article, Collective action: Collaboration, rebellion, creative dialogue: Surrealism as ideological defiance, the author speaks on how the combination of all the different pieces of artwork, and the collaboration of the artists behind them, is a way of showing how artists think differently, because of the collaborations. This is like the idea of the Lost at Sea activity, how we can see the difference in how people think, based upon how they make decisions and write. This article helped me think in depth about whether I would want to work in a group, and reasons as to why it would be beneficially to the portfolio.
Comments
Post a Comment